At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are currently seeking a seasoned Consulting Engineer (CE) to join our America’s team to help drive the adoption and integration of our portfolio of security services within our customers’ networks. In this position, you will play a key role in evangelizing, architecting, and simplifying the effort to deploy these solutions to help customers become more secure.
The Consulting Engineer will work with our customer-facing sales teams (Systems Engineers and Account Executives), internal stakeholders (Product Management, Support, Marketing & others). The goal is to ensure that the solution work aligns with our market goals, product capabilities, and roadmaps. The CE will also produce material and tools to educate the Systems Engineering community and resolve any customer issues.
- 5+ year of developing and successfully delivering network security projects for customers
- 5+ years working with Security Operations groups
- Strong experience in all aspects of network-based security, including threat hunting, malware, spyware, and other intrusion prevention techniques
- Strong experience with industry standards of compliance such as PCI, NIST, HIPAA, and others
- Full and in-depth understanding of the attack lifecycle and experience in thwarting the attacks at various stages
- In-depth knowledge of the Zero Trust model for security
- BS technical degree or equivalent
Specific Subject Matter Expertise Desired (one or more)
- Automation tools and techniques - Ansible, Terraform, Cloud automation
- SSL Encryption/Decryption
- NGFW, SASE, ZTNA, ZTP
- User Identity and Authentication
Required Personal Skills
- Proven ability to work within small creative teams as well as cross-functional teams
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
- Solid organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $203,000/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.