At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Distinguished Engineer, you will provide technical and strategic leadership to SaaS Security research teams to evaluate threats to SaaS applications, analyze potential attacks, build detections and deliver industry leading solutions to protect customers. You understand the business imperatives tied to these strategic projects, help define the roadmap and delivery vision while ensuring engineering excellence. You will help build the strategy for your teams to architect, design and deliver the next wave of SaaS Security innovations.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented security researcher to be a part of a fast paced SaaS Security team with prior experience in threat detection, malware, UEBA, SaaS or Cloud SaaS security. This team is responsible for fast-growing cloud delivered security services that provide visibility and real time security for SaaS applications such as Box, Dropbox, GitHub, Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce and many more. This role will give you an unrivaled opportunity to build enterprise class cloud security solutions for the continuously growing and rapidly changing SaaS Applications world.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the research team responsible for SaaS Application signature development, Security postures, User risk, Application risk and SaaS threat detection
- Research the best practices of security posture of the SaaS applications
- Research and develop new features as SaaS applications release new security settings or features
- Evaluate threats to SaaS applications, analyze potential attacks, build detections and deliver industry leading solutions to protect customers
- Guide team on developing necessary tools to assist with research, development & maintenance of application signatures
- Partner with Product and Business teams to ideate, collaborate and define roadmaps to deliver innovative capabilities to market
- Involve in the complete development life cycle starting with research on various requirements, understand & define functional specs, convert them into solid signatures with high efficacy/quality & measure the efficacy based on production data
- Work closely with all stakeholders in various phases of security research and development to ensure deliverables with high efficacy/quality & measure the efficacy based on production data
- Work closely with the technical support team to handle customer escalations. Analyze the product gaps that resulted in customer issues and improve the signature resiliency and test strategy
- MS / PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 12+ years industry / academia experience in software development, minimum 7 years as security researcher in SaaS security, Cloud security, Threat detection, Malware, UEBA or Data Security
- In depth understanding of HTTP/s protocol, web content and web API/s is must. Hands-on experience with traffic analysis tools like Wireshark or Fiddler is a must.
- Strong understanding of security threats, tactics, procedures, and remediation
- Understand and research from third party API documentation, swagger
- Good Knowledge of best practices to protect SaaS Applications
- Have a "get stuff done" attitude, enjoy being hands-on and working alongside the team to solve the most pressing problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Experience with CASB, SSPM, CSPM or APIs from O365, Salesforce or other SaaS application
Application security, Offensive Security, Web security, or Bug Bounty hunting experience
Good understanding of security products like Cloud Firewall or Software Web Gateway, Web proxies or cloud security solutions
Understanding of Data Science, AI and Machine Learning techniques. Experience building ML models.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.