At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Distribution Business Manager will drive our entire Sales & Channels engagement with distributor across entire NextWave partner ecosystem. You will be responsible for working with large national distributors to build annual business plans within 30 days of the close of each fiscal year-end. Specifically defining the evolution of distributors’ businesses, headcount, investments, and go-to-market strategies in each year based on Palo Alto Networks global, theatre, and regional priorities and strategies. You will manage the overall relationship with a large Palo Alto Networks distributor. You will also be responsible for the overall business execution and performance management with the distributor.
- Scheduling, preparing and leading recurring Business Review meetings (QBRs) three times per year with cross-functional audience Sales Management, Marketing, Services, Channel SE team, and optional attendees from Regional, Theatre, and WW management
- Meet with Distributors in the first two weeks of the quarter to update the annual business plan with the previous quarter’s results and set targets, objectives, and activities for the new quarter
- Lead monthly call update distributor to cover relevant new company information or content provided in the previous month - Ensure company content, programs, and update proper “land” within the distributor and share calls-to-action for distributors with said updates
- Increasing distributor’s CPQ quoting utilization - Provide adequate training - Monitor and share CPQ utilization statistics with distributors on a monthly basis
- Responsible for semi-annual NextWave Program Compliance efforts for Distribution Managed Partners, including working with the distributor on plans to address gaps in Partner requirements and to make a decision on up-leveling, downgrading, or off-boarding these Partners
- Work closely with the Renewals team and distributors in order to improve renewals process efficiency and to improve key Renewal business KPIs
- Responsible for building and monitoring plans with distributors to drive attendance to important Palo Alto Networks global, regional, and local events
- F2F presentation to distributors at the start of each quarter for product updates, business opportunities, best practices from other distributors in other regions
- Responsible for forwarding pertinent company and industry emails to distributors - Emails received from WW/HQ/EMEA that are appropriate for external audiences
- Facilitate cadence of “Peering” between local management teams
- Facilitate local Sales team engagement with Distribution
- Each distributor is invited to make a presentation to the PANW Sales organization during a weekly Sales meeting at least 1 time per quarter
Distribution Operations Management
- Handle (solve or escalate) all critical issues related to day-to-day order processing and Distributor Credit Situations
- Be on site at a local distributor at each end of month / EOQ and participate actively in the “War Room” virtual environment at EOM/EOQ to ensure flawless execution of all Commit orders
- Ensure distributors are dedicatedly reviewing their pipeline to ready their systems and accounts for processing orders with available credit and no minor mistakes
- Work actively with Distributor, Channel Manager, and Sales Manager to logistics and coordination of large, multi-site / multi-theatre Global Projects
- Manage the Distribution Rebates by setting targets and defining MBOs - provide regular Rebate updates – this should include QTD against target funnel and in Quarter pipeline report
- Manage all processes and documentation related to Distribution Development Funds (DDF) and Co-Funded Heads
Distribution Sales Management
- Keep a close view of the open Pipeline on a weekly basis - Use FunnelSource or Clari to understand which deals are coming in each week/month/quarter and work dedicatedly with distributors to ensure all orders are closed and processed by their committed Close Date
- Lead weekly forecast call with each local distributor to review weekly/monthly/quarterly
- Work with distributors and Channel Marketing Manager to have all Marketing plans and Distribution Development Plans (DDF) are submitted as per the timeline and process
- Work with Distributors on marketing plans which drive net-new account acquisition in Commercial space and install the base expansion
- Attend local sales and marketing events hosted by Distributors and Disty Managed Partners
- Work with Distributors and Channel/Product Market to develop, land, and monitor Channel Sales incentives and promotions for Distributors and Distribution Managed Partners
- Coordinate efforts and drive alignment between Distributors and PANW Inside Sales Team - dedicatedly schedule sales activities onsite between Inside Sales and Distributors
- Regularly share important SFDC reports with Distributors
- Open Pipeline reports, POS Sales Reports, SLR-P (Partner Generated SLR Reports), etc.
- NextWave Program Compliance “Gap Analysis”
- Distribution of channel management experience
- Channel sales management experience in vendor environments
- Program Management or BU Management or close work in channel programs projects
- Working knowledge and experience selling technology solutions to mid-market and SMB customers
- Ability to develop complex partner and territory plans and strategies
- Skilled in developing business plans, contributing to strategic plans, and for devising reporting to track business Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and return on investment (ROI)
- Confirmed experience influencing senior level partner executives
- Strong presentation and leadership skills and the ability to describe market transitions and develop and lead virtual sales teams
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally (verbal and written) with customers and collaborate with a variety of organizations
- Strong time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Professional IT Sales and business development experience
- An effective oral and written communicator - clear and concise
- Adequate public speaking skills
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.