At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the Corporate Finance Special Projects Team as a Finance Business Manager . We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, a strong team player – all-in-one.
The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver and advisor at heart. We are looking for someone with solid business judgement and experience tackling complex business issues. Identifying a comprehensive framework, gathering evidence, analyzing large amounts of data, and building a lucid narrative are skills critical to success in this role. Flexibility and quick thinking are essential, as you would be expected to build analyses and coordinate resources in a dynamic environment to address novel business questions.
This is a solid foundation for finance professionals with opportunities for career growth and personal development. If you want to be part of a team of trustworthy advisors that is looked upon to make informed and persuasive recommendations to the C-level suite, apply today.
- Create and build detailed, drivers-based financial models to support our planning and forecasting processes
- Drive and provide support for ad-hoc strategic and financial analyses
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly in order to problem solve and drive decision-making effectively by developing compelling and insightful recommendations
- Deliver monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deep dive into different parts of the business and map goals back to key metrics
- Benchmark and drive improvements in operational metrics
- Bachelor degree in Economics/Finance, MBA or equivalent-experience preferred
- 5+ years related experience showing strong career progression
- Investment banking/management consulting/private equity experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models; experience with direct cash flow models is desired
- Strong foundation in accounting concepts is a plus
- Capable of seamlessly moving from the big picture to the details and back
- Strong team player with effective communication skills and high EQ
- Comfortable working with high level guidance and independently building working action plan
- Experience with and/or a willingness to master various financial systems, including SAP, SAC, BPC, Tableau, and other BI tools
- Possess intellectual curiosity and willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact — this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.