At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Product Marketing Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a range of subject matter experts to lead team projects, understand existing products or solutions, perform analysis of competitors, determine market differentiators, and create compelling messaging across a range of potential content to captivate a customer’s interest.
You will work cross-functionally across product marketing, content marketing, campaigns, and product management to complete projects that will deliver value to our customers and the team. This is entry-level into the Palo Alto Networks product marketing organization, which revolutionized the security market with the creation of the “Next-Generation” branding that has been copied by every organization in the security industry.
This is a rare opportunity to utilize marketing, business, technology/engineering, and writing skills in a single role, bringing security products to the people who need them.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Create compelling stories about our elite cyber security incident responders, how they work, and how they help clients
- Interact with our sales teams to understand why clients choose Unit 42 services and how we’re different than the competition
- Create a repeatable process to collect sales, case, and client information and make it usable for multiple organizations for sales and marketing purposes
- Creation of captivating content for external and internal consumption
- Project management from inception to delivery
Analytical analysis of historical cases to identify trends and highlight opportunities for new messaging and positioning
- Near obsessive interest in cybersecurity with a slant towards sales and marketing
- Proven ability to learn new technology, quickly apply what you’ve learned, and adapt to changing needs
- Analytical problem solver with a creative mindset and the ability to simplify complex concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Creative, enthusiastic, driven and with the ability to clearly articulate your position in a debate with confidence
- To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master's Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall
- You must have the authorization to work within the United States - Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
Unit 42 brings together world-renowned threat researchers with an elite team of incident responders and security consultants to create an intelligence-driven, response-ready organization. The Unit 42 Marketing Team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to learn from the best and change the future of cybersecurity, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, clients, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.