At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are looking for a Network Security Researcher to join our behavioral detection team.
You will create machine learning-based classification algorithms detecting everything from network entities through process behaviors and attackers operating in networks and endpoints; from choosing the right features, training the right model and validating that you detect the right concept on real customer data with real APTs.
- Research new methods to detect targeted attackers operating in endpoints and networks by utilizing enormous amounts and varied types of data
- Simulate attacks in the lab and conduct a deep analysis of the behavior
- Use and develop machine learning algorithms and techniques to create and improve our models
- Be part of a diverse research group, improving our research processes and leading us to be a better team creating a better product
- Stay up to date with APTs, attacker methodologies, and TTPs
- In-depth Knowledge of network protocols, including but not limited to Kerberos, RPC, SMB, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Be able to reverse engineer malware communication protocols
- Python software development experience
- Comfortable conducting research and gathering insights by querying large databases
- Advantage if you have advanced knowledge of Microsoft AD infrastructure
- Advantage if you have exploitation knowledge and experience
- Advantage if you have experience in machine learning or data analysis
- Ability to drive and own projects
- Independent and team player, critical thinker
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyber attacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.