At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
This is a highly visible, senior level position on a small but growing team that will benefit from out of box thinking and technical insight. The ideal Principal Engineering Escalation Engineer has a mix and background of customer management and broad and deep technical skills related to telecommunication equipment and Internet traffic. A background in troubleshooting or designing modern networks, a good understanding of the behaviors of Internet applications and protocols and strong command of English are the starting points to being successful in this role.
- This Engineering Escalation role is positioned to intercept and assist or drive technical escalations that come to the executive level in engineering
- Escalations of this type are extremely critical and are driven by the account teams in the field
- Talk with executive levels at customers, delivering among other things, discussion about the situation, explaining the root cause or progress toward it, providing status internally and addressing technical questions during customer interactions
- BE /B.tech or equivalent technical graduation is mandatory or equivalent military experience required
- career level experience in support service, technical support or similar troubleshooting related role
- Technical lead in area of expertise related to cyberspace equipment vendor or network security organisation
Required Technical skills -
- Configuring and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols (BGP and OSPF primarily)
- L1-L3 (ISO model) troubleshooting
- Broad understanding of and ability to analyze and troubleshoot Internet applications and protocols
- Troubleshooting VPNs (IPSec and SSL tunnels)
- Pcap analysis (via Wireshark and other tools)
- Hardware troubleshooting for telecommunications equipment
- C, C++ and python programming languages(Good to have)
Additional information -
- Able to explain complex technical issues to non-technical people
- Able to have open discussions on network design, network security and related technical topics
Helpful certifications -
- Advanced certification for network equipment vendors (e.g. JNCIE, JNCP, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, CCA etc)
- Cloud deployment for AWS, GCP, Azure or KVM based solutions)
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $170,000/yr to $275,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .