At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Due to government contracts this team supports this role requires US Citizenship.
We are looking for a Principal DevOps/SRE to work remotely with our Israel-based team to operate in production a large scale GCP cloud running our innovative SaaS cyber-security product, while continuously improving application deployment, monitoring, operability and uptime of the service.
The Cortex XDR group specializes in analysis and visualization of complex cyber-data gathered by the Palo Alto Networks products. It combines high-performance algorithms, deep understanding of modern databases, advanced visualization and high-end UI/UX.
- Work closely and in full coordination with the Israel-based DevOps team to provide follow-the-sun operational coverage in the production of our SaaS product
- Build automated tools for cloud operations such as automated remediation of known issues, auto-scaling, etc.
- Work with our Engineering team and influence the operability of the product
- Work with the HQ-based DevOps team for knowledge and tools sharing
- Write automation code and build tools to integrate multiple on-premise, private and public cloud services
- Advanced level experience as a DevOps/SRE engineer with a passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high reliability and service level
- Ability to operate independently, make decisions, take action and take responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- High proficiency in scripting – Shell scripts, Python or Go preferred.
- High proficiency with Linux
- High proficiency with containerized environments (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Proficiency with Google Cloud Platform operations
- Proficiency with Prometheus and other cloud native monitoring solutions
- Proficiency with CI/CD and Configuration Management
Cortex is the industry's only open and integrated, AI-based, continuous security platform. Cortex is a significant evolution of the Application Framework designed to simplify security operations and considerably improve outcomes. Deployed on a global, scalable public cloud platform, Cortex allows security operations teams to speed the analysis of massive data sets. You can learn more about Cortex XDR here: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.