At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As our authority in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP, and other public cloud environments, you are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Solutions Architect-support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SA’s but augment them with SMEs in advanced or new technology areas).
The Prisma Cloud Solutions Architect role is a technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. You will be measured by your expertise and your ability to lead to customer successes. There is close interaction with Product Management teams and Consulting Engineering teams to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Present to customers at all levels in the hierarchy from engineering team members to CIO the solution, benefits, USP’s, etc.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape to prepare for customer planning
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our unique value
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks cloud offerings
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (Alicloud, AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Be an evangelist to further bring Security, DevOps, and SecOps together (DevSecOps)
- Write code/scripts as needed or be able to learn if you don’t
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Work with Product Management, Consulting Engineering, Technical Marketing, and R&D to build requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities
- Take ownership of advanced proof of concept (PoC) testing in strategic accounts
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs, customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-Cloud (BiC) partners who will be critical to win over new top tier customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Prisma Cloud
- 4+ years of experience as a system engineer, solutions architect or systems integrator
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, GCP, other cloud providers, and cloud security models, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Demonstrable experience in securing cloud environments and cloud systems, including topics around certification and compliance
- Experience in DevOps will be an added advantage
- Programming experience in a higher-level language such as NodeJS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON or Python will be advantageous
- Good understanding and expertise of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, etc.)
- Deep understanding of API based security & compliance standards
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Experience with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization and/or cloud computing
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring, and fixing network infrastructure security products
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain resolution
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc.: their creation and activation
- Strong presentation skills
As part of our Solutions Architecture Team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Solutions Architecture Team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.