At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
You will work firsthand with our valued customers to address their complex post-sales concerns where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. You’re a critical thinker in understanding the methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You’ll enjoy networking with key contacts outside your own area of expertise, with a strong capability of detailing difficult technical issues to both non-technical and technical professionals.
You will regularly participate in technical discussions with multi-functional teams, creating an environment of transparency that ultimately leads to better products, better working environments, and better cybersecurity. Your quick thinking and support to our clients provides the fast assistance they need to keep their environments secure – which means you’ll need to move quickly, thoughtfully, and provide technical assistance as needed (often, in high pressure situations).
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are completed in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution as required
- Expertise with Remote Access VPN solutions, IPSEC, PKI & SSL, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Authentication Protocols (LDAP, RADIUS etc.)
- Expertise with LAN/WAN technologies, routing/switching protocols (e.g LACP, ARP, BGP, OSPF), branch and DataCenter architectures
- Working knowledge of path quality monitoring and QoS (e.g. CoS, DSCP, latency, jitter, congestion, packet loss detection algorithms)
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required
- Experience in supporting any SD-WAN technology is a must
- Experience with Linux is a plus (Debugging, etc.)
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks products is a plus
- Working knowledge of network security services (IDS/IPS, firewalls etc.) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of API concepts is a plus
- Basic knowledge about FWAAS or SASE solutions is a plus (Prisma Access, FortiGate, Cisco Umbrella, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or equivalent military experience required
Our technical support team is essential to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.