At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Unit 42 Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide an effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
This role is client-facing and requires the Senior Consultant to produce deliverables based on proactive services client engagements. The Senior Consultant will work directly with multiple customers and key stakeholders (Admins, C-Suite, etc) to drive the security priorities of the Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) and Cloud Related Applications/Services (CASB).
Specifically, Senior Consultants will:
- Help drive Proactive Consulting Services with Cloud Customers - Be the trusted advisor to grow partnerships and assist customers get and STAY healthy
- Conduct security configuration audits of client cloud administration consoles against industry-standard frameworks and best practices
- Architectural overviews of client cloud environment networking edge protections
- Analyze current level of monitoring and alerting within cloud-hosted infrastructure and environments and provide a gap analysis on log coverage
- Conduct reviews of cloud identity management methodologies including federation, delegation of rights, conditional access, and multi-factored authentication
- Conduct general cyber risk assessments using framework or standards like NIST CSF, ISO 27001/2, PCI, CIS Top 2, CMMD, or other industry measurement tools
- Utilize command-line interfaces of cloud-hosted environments to conduct technical and control set validation
- Assess client implementations of multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments by understanding the technical implementations of both on-premises infrastructure and other cloud environment dependencies
- Advise and develop cloud security initiative roadmaps for clients to further secure their cloud environment and interactions with on-premises infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience performing cloud security advisement and risk assessments based upon industry-accepted standards
- Former professional services and consulting experience preferred
- Cloud Security-related certifications
- Hands-on experience with a cloud hosting provider (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc).
- Cloud Application Security Broker: MCAS, Netskope
- Possess a deep technical knowledge in CASBs, Cloud Platforms and the dependencies around such an environment (WAF, SSO, Cloud Threats, API Security, Cloud Security Posture Management)
- Former experience with cloud migrations (cloud to cloud, or on-prem to cloud)
- Demonstrate a track record in strengthening existing and developing new client relationships
- Knowledge of command-line interfaces or scripting tools in cloud environments is a plus
- Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 30%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security OR equivalent years of professional experience to meet job requirements and expectations
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary disclosure required by sb19-085 for positions located in the state of Colorado: If hired in Colorado, this position starts at a salary of $108,000/yr. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Restricted stock units and bonus pay may also be offered as part of this compensation package, as well as benefits that include: flexible paid time off, employee stock purchase program, medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, and disability insurance. Additional information about benefits may be found here .