At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
This position is for an attorney capable of working independently on high value and complex commercial sales and channel and transactions involving cybersecurity products and services. This position will report to a senior member of the APAC Legal team and will be located in Hong Kong/Shanghai/Beijing/Singapore. You will be part of a fast-moving, collaborative legal team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business daily. The team is focused on developing our next generation licensing agreements, customer programs, and channel partner programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. This position will work closely with sales, deals desk, revenue, tax and finance.
You will also be an important resource for Legal colleagues on a global basis. Strong candidates are proactive, solutions-driven, and independent, with direct experience in drafting and negotiating software, cloud services, data protection, information security, and hardware agreements.
Seeking individuals who -
- Are unrelenting in their pursuit of achievement and are constantly seeking self improvement
- Can persevere in the face of challenge and bounce back from setbacks
- Can adjust according to the situation, learn new things, innovate, and try new methods
- Possess self-confidence in their own abilities while understandings that there is always room for improvement and that others’ experience and knowledge are valuable
- Demonstrate the highest level of adherence to not only what is legal but also what is right
- Can apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios
- Can function as part of a team, placing the success of the whole above the needs of the self
- Have a desire to explore the unknown and question the status quo in pursuit of better, more effective solutions
- Have a positive attitude, high empathy, and control over their emotions, especially in unscripted, chaotic, and stressful situations
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of complex commercial, technology (including cloud and hybrid/SaaS models), intellectual property, and channel agreements that comply with the company’s policies and risk tolerance
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of data privacy legal issues in order to review, draft and negotiate various data protection agreements with customers
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from sales, business development, operations, senior management, and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks
- Provide legal advice recommendations as may be necessary, including identifying processes, legal requirements, registrations and procedures -Ability to judge when to escalate identified issues as may be necessary
- Support continuous improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes related to commercial transactions
- Experience with handling corporate matters
- Handle special projects as requested
- Conduct responsibilities, projects and interactions in accordance with Palo Alto Networks’ stated values
- Must be Chinese qualified lawyer
- Must have 5+ years of strong commercial transaction experience with demonstrated success, significant experience with data privacy and/or information security a plus
- Familiarity with revenue recognition principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Superior language as well as English skills, written and verbal communication skills required, Cantonese language would be a plus.
- Sense of humor always a plus and commitment to professionalism is expected
- Experience in network security or other high technology companies preferred
- Periodic travel may be required
Our dynamic Legal team has an impact on all go-to-market aspects of the business. The team is immersed in developing our next-generation licensing agreements, buying programs, and channel-partner programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. You will work closely with Sales Operations, Revenue and Finance, Channel Operations, and Global Customer Service teams, knowing the ins and outs of our business to support it from a legal perspective. Our Legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, affecting and driving our products and services.
You’re passionate about legalities in a way that leads to solutions. You think creatively but with a higher purpose, motivated by our mission to protect our digital lives.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.