At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are looking for a motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Cortex XDR Devops group in our Tel Aviv R&D center. The group is responsible for the reliability and availability of the production environment hosting Cortex XDR and the enablement of the entire XDR RnD group using CI tools, infrastructure, and automation.
In this role you will a part of a DevOps group that is responsible for planning, executing, and reporting the various infrastructure and code projects, as well as managing and executing high-pressure production maintenance work and issues
More information about the Cortex-XDR product can be found here .
- You will take full end-to-end responsibility for the production environment of our SaaS product deployed on GCP
- You will build tools for the automatic remediation of known issues
- You will develop Infrastructure-as-code which will be used to orchestrate production and dev environments
- You will design, build, maintain, and scale production services with thousands of Kubernetes clusters
- You will secure the production environments and add in new security tools and features both internal Palo Alto Networks and other market-leading technologies
- You will work closely with development teams to design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, cost, and performance
- You will build CI pipelines and automation processes
- Participate in the on-call rotation supporting the applications and infrastructure
- You will research cutting-edge technologies and deploy them to production
- 4+ years as DevOps Engineer (or equal role) with a passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high reliability and service level
- Proficiency with code language (Python - preferred)
- High proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency in the cloud (GCP - preferred)
- Proficiency with Terraform and HashiCorp tools
- High proficiency with virtualized and containerized environments (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Proficiency with CI/CD and Configuration Management (Jenkins preferred)
- Proficiency with DB such as Cassandra, ScyllaDB, MemSQL, MySQL - An advantage
- Experience with working with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Managing a high-scale production environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyber attacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.