At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
If you have a passion for people’s stories and can operate at the speed of an active newsroom, this role is for you! You’ll bring an editorial perspective to our global employee communications and scale as we continue to grow. You’ll help shape our narrative and write for our global channels, like the intranet and our company newsletter, and produce content pieces that can scale across our employee comms and employer brand channels. You’ll also help us stretch the conversation on hot topics, using data to inform decisions, and drive innovation and disruption on how we engage and inspire our employees.
While no two days will look the same, the superpowers you bring to our team will be used non-stop! Here are some of the areas you’ll help shape, message, create, and celebrate:
- Act as Editor-in-Chief and optimizer of our channels (e.g. intranet, Slack, newsletter, social) generating fresh and compelling content for our employees (current and future!)
- Tell incredible stories - from bios, to features - round-ups, quotes, and partnering with creative teams and vendors for video and visuals
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to up level our internal communications program, inclusive of celebrating external accolades, company milestones, highlighting employee/team achievements, and helping respond to the world around us
- Extraordinary ability to grow internal relationships, work optimally within multi-functional teams and lead through ambiguity as a SME and thought leader
- Act as our on-site correspondent at our HQ office and help capture the magical moments that happen here each day
- Serve as a thought partner on strategy and execution of key company moments and change initiatives
- Lead a review and governance process to improve channel content quality and its impact on employees
- Understand business challenges and be able to shape easy to understand communications that bring our employees with us on this incredible journey we’re on!
- Bring a curious attitude - ask, probe, listen, learn and apply insights to changing conditions
- 10+ years of relevant experience in content development, employee communication or employer branding (in-house or agency)
- Ability and passion for writing and editing with a human touch
- Keen interviewer, asking the right questions to get to the unique story quickly and help the subject shine
- Disruptive thinker - how can we do things differently, and have the skills to help influence others to try (we love trying!)
- Comfortable working with data and insights to help us continue to engage employees in meaningful ways
- Familiarity with employee communication/ marketing tools (LumApps, Slack, Poppulo, Workshop, Sprout Social, etc.)
- Comfort with the pace of a newsroom with high autonomy to do your best work
- Ability to fluidly navigate between strategy and execution (can develop high-level strategic plans and also produce crisp, clear communications)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a technology-related industry
- Ability to make good decisions while considering multiple perspectives
- Proficient in using GSuite, and basic creative tools
- Experience in change management
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related discipline or equivalent military experience required
You will be part of a passionate and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects. We share the stories of those working on a truly meaningful mission in the world and also strive to be the most people-centric company, ever! The Employee Comms and Employer Brand team lives in the People Team, and partners closely with partners from across the business, and the world!
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most challenging cybersecurity threats.
We believe in contributing to our people team agenda together and bring our unique expertise to make the parts better as a whole. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $148,500/yr to $240,150. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .