At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, backend software engineer to join the team, and take part in building an advanced infrastructure for behavioral analytics and threat detection.
We are working in a modern K8s-based environment, using Python and Go. The system is built upon advanced cloud architecture, utilizing state-of-the-art cloud technologies in Peta-Byte scale, processing millions of events per second. You will work closely and collaborate with the cyber-research group and have a high influence on the way Palo Alto Networks does threat detection and prevention.
- Take part in the development of a large and complex cloud security solution for large organizations
- You will lead new features from the product requirement, conduct the technical research phase and deliver to production
- You will design and implement complex algorithms capable of running detection logic at a very high rate
- You will be delivering reliable, scalable, and maintainable production-grade code
- You will conduct code reviews and mentor other team members
- You will have to address complex scalability problems while maintaining low operational costs
- The output of your code will translate into customer-visible security incidents which are - clear, informative, and actionable
- You will invent new detection capabilities as well as improve existing ones
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in Python or Go - big advantage
- Played a major role in the design and research phase of complex cloud systems
- Experience in distributed cloud products
- Hands-on experience with a variety of database technologies, both relational and non-relational
- Team player, collaborative and with high communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, work under pressure and maintain focus
- Knowledge of the cyber field - advantage
- Experience with GCP - advantage
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.