At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a highly motivated Senior Internal Auditor who is excited to join a high growth Company. The member will be a part of the Corporate Internal Audit Team and reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit.
The Senior Internal Auditor will coordinate the compliance related activities between the Company and the external auditor for several SOX processes. They will participate in evaluating the Company’s SOX program and partner with functions across the company to ensure a strong environment for ICFR. They will participate in managing updates to existing processes and help business owners to design new processes. They will participate in managing SOX audit projects, and develop and deliver training to process owners. Last but not the least, they will have the opportunity to participate in operational audits, analytics, and other advisory projects.
The ideal candidate must have project management skills, be a self-starter, proactive, confident in interacting with management and external stakeholders, bring business experience, passion, and have experience in using analytical tools, assessing strategic, financial and operational risks, preferably in a technology industry.
The candidate must demonstrate ability to adhere to our corporate core values of Disruption, Execution, Collaboration, Integrity and Inclusion.
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and central point of contact for several in-scope SOX processes.
- Assist in SOX planning, scoping, and risk assessment through close collaboration with external auditors and business process owners.
- Coordinate delivery and organize audit requirements for SOX assessments, walkthroughs and testing procedures.
- Review testing workpaper prepared by junior members on the team or contractors.
- Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies.
- Assist in the evaluation of new processes, policies, and systems to determine its impact on the SOX program and design the control landscape based on identified risks.
- Develop business relationships and proactively interact with process owners and management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for improvements and optimization.
- Demonstrate initiative and provide timely updates to internal audit management. Work on multiple tasks effectively.
- Perform other tasks and operational audit projects as assigned in support of the internal audit team and corporate objectives.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- 3+ years audit and/or risk advisory experience from publicly traded company(s) and/or public accounting firms. Preferably in a multinational corporate environment and/or Big 4.
- Audit and/or risk advisory experience is essential, including previous roles in external and/or internal audit.
- Strong SOX experience on medium-risk processes, preferably had experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, managing business relationships, and partnering with key stakeholders.
- Experience in coaching junior auditors / contractors to complete testing and working with people in different time zones.
- CPA, CIA, or equivalent certifications preferred
The Internal Audit team is responsible for assurance and ensuring the compliance posture of the organization is maintained to safeguard the interest of our stakeholders.
You will be part of a dynamic, disruptive and fast paced 14+ member team of highly specialized professionals with varied skill sets spread out between the US, Japan and India.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.