At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks's enterprise architecture group is looking for a seasoned QA product manager to be part of our quality assurance team. You will be part of a world-class IT organization that works on various ground-breaking technologies and supports the entire enterprise. We want a passionate QA manager who loves to innovate and build high quality products. We are looking for self starters who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to solve problems at every level. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
- Leads the expansion of manual and automated QA across all business applications within IT
- Leads the test strategy, test plans & test execution program
- Works on building a Quality driven engineering culture that helps ship products rapidly and with good confidence
- Collaborates with product teams (SFDC, SAP, Custom Apps, Data & Analytics etc.) to define roadmap, framework & implementation approach
- Partners with PMO team(s) to define milestones and timeline for delivery as applicable to each product/business team for manual and automated testing
- Act as the primary point of contact for all quality aspects of releases
- Partner with delivery & platform vendors/partners to establish, document, and enhance QA processes
- Run standup meetings with QA teams to track/review progress and ensure jira stories are all up to date
- Reviews various scenarios with business users and IT product owners. Guide the QA team on creation of test scenarios, scripts and execution
- Support IT and Business owners through SIT and UAT cycles by preparing test plans, coordinate test case execution, track defects and triage across teams for overall delivery
- Communicate and Track any quality risks, gaps or issues across all test cycles to the stakeholder groups
- Define manual and automated QA metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and the overall quality of the Product
- Establish traceability of requirements through functional tests and defect lists
- Work with engineers and IT product managers so that defects are correctly captured, reviewed, prioritized, and triaged
- 10+ years of overall experience within Information technology
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Quality Assurance and test engineering, leading/managing QA teams
- Must have expert knowledge of Software QA processes, methodologies, analysis, etc. with prior background in automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium
- Strong Experience with web service technology like XML, REST, SOAP
- Strong Experience in testing E2E business applications (SalesForce, Steelbrick, SAP, Customer licensing etc.)
- Experience with GCP infrastructure, test/defect management tools, CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
- Must be Local in SF Bay area, onsite role
Our IT Quality assurance team is responsible for ensuring that high quality products are delivered to our business users. They are the first line of defense in vetting any new product build and assisting our engineers build reliable and scalable solutions. It's a critical function which will enable all of IT to execute with excellence, at a faster pace without compromising the delivery quality.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $132,600/yr to $214,500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .