At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks™ is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation network security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
The role of a Sr. Product Manager is to work with business and IT leaders in defining the capabilities needed to support the growing customer success organizations at Palo Alto Networks. The Sr. Product Manager will also be responsible for transforming these capabilities defined into specifications or user stories for software developers.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert on Finops Analytics
Partner closely with Finance, CloudOps, and Engineering to influence FinOps Analytics vision, roadmap, and build good practices
Drive Analytics with Finance and Product leadership team
Drive showback/charge process with product engineering team
Understand, track and predict where the investments will have the greatest return on reducing cloud expenses
Opportunity to make an impact in optimizing organization top spend
Combine analytics, research, and data intuition to deliver insights on procurement optimization, Spend & Margin Analytics and unit economics
Identify opportunities for process improvements and reduce turnaround time for analytics consumers
- Overall 8-10+ Years of experience in data/analytics domain
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Product Manager for finance initiatives
- Analytical with keen understanding of business process and programs and the ability to translate data and insights into executive dashboards and presentations (Visualization Tool - Tableau or similar)
- Extensive experience defining business capabilities, breaking down high level capabilities into user stories or requirements, experience working with software developers in implementing these requirements
- Combination of techno functional and BI product management including managing delivery of BI products from inception to launch
- At least one completed FinOps project end to end covering cloud hosting financial analytics, procurement and usage/ engineering optimizations
- Track record of building products in Cloud - Financial Management, Security, Compliance or Operations
- Experience creating and maintaining complex, large scale (over hundred million rows), multi-dimensional datasets for analytics, reporting, and validation using Advanced SQL
- Specific knowledge of terminology used by cloud providers (AWS, Google, Azure), their services, and billing files is a huge plus
- Strong Scrum/Agile experience, ability to scale to the dynamic and growing nature of the company is a must
- Experience working in small empowered highly collaborative teams
- Translate complex business requirements into viable workflows that interact with multiple systems, services, and data sources.
- Ability to communicate and document solutions to multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in quantitative field
- Local to the SF bay area
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll join the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and enabling our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re connected by one mission but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of people who feel excited by the prospect of a challenge and feel a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $106,600 - $156,700/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.