At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As we continue to scale our People organization and expand our service portfolio, we will also continue to grow and streamline our teams through structured project management, especially within our People M&A workstream. We need someone to guide and influence from due diligence through integration planning and execution, focusing on the end-to-end acquired employee experience to help achieve acquisition objectives.
In this role, you will be a part of our People Program Management team, specializing in People M&A Practice and work directly with leaders throughout the organization. As part of our People M&A Practice, you will be responsible for the People program management of all mergers and acquisitions, from due diligence through integration ensuring the success of each deal and long term retention of talent.
As part of this role, you will also lead additional corporate-wide People initiatives from a PMO standpoint. This is a critical role that serves to influence action across broad aspects of our company shaping our people, organization, and culture. As an integral part of our PMO team for your designated areas, you will provide expertise in people and organizations to anticipate challenges, diagnose problems, prescribe actions and lead programs that have a direct impact on the success of the organization.
- Build a strong People M&A practice with the ability to work seamlessly across the people team and in coordination with cross functional teams to deliver deal success and an exceptional employee experience
- Influence the M&A strategy, ensuring we take a holistic, employee-first approach to all of - our acquisitions
- Establish operational execution for all mergers & acquisitions - As the PMO lead for M&A, you will roll up your sleeves to ensure every detail is managed across a fast paced deal timeline and high bar for the employee experience
- Ensure alignment across all functional people team leaders (recruitment, compensation, benefits, systems, operations, programs/processes, communications and on-boarding/engagement) in order to execute with excellence and keep the employee experience top of mind throughout any project plan
- Execute best in class change management strategies and effective communications, including executive updates on progress, outcomes, and risks to integration and deal value drivers
- Leverage people analytics and trained instincts to anticipate issues or opportunities and bring data driven solutions that move the needle
- Lead people practices that cultivate innovation and collaboration and protect our unique culture to ensure Palo Alto Networks continues to be one of the best places to work for our current team and every new team member joining us
- Work and navigate a demanding, exciting and unpredictable environment which may include short timeframes and unexpected business travel
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or equivalent military experience required, Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- 8 years + of work experience in managing complex projects and programs as well as excellent written, presentation and verbal communications - Specific experience with global mergers and acquisitions in the People practice is essential
- Depth of understanding across talent practices from org design, employee engagement, compensation, benefits, learning & development, and talent acquisition
- Solid executive presence and ability to influence across the various departments and levels, with high EQ to understand and navigate potentially sensitive situations
- Ability to manage difficult and complex interactions with external executives and employees including international audiences, with global sensibilities and cultural awareness
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and rises to the challenge of aggressive timelines
- Experience with Google Docs, Smartsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Jira and/or -similar project management tools
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, our people. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $139,000/yr to $224,850/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.