At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Prisma Cloud Platform
Why is the Prisma Cloud Platform team so special?
Prisma Cloud provides security for enterprise customers' cloud environments hosted on AWS, Azure, and GCP. This is one of the fastest-growing BU in Palo Alto Networks.
The Platform Team is PANW's most foundational team of shared services and is used by all the applications in Prisma Cloud. This core platform may eventually expand to all PANW Business Units. Our goal is to become a platform to allow seamless and consistent integrations with various teams within PANW and also provide a unified user experience
Senior Principal Backend Developer - Prisma Cloud Core Platform RQL
As a Sr.Principal Software Engineer, you will break monoliths into microservices. Build new microservices at a very large scale. Innovate production-level solutions to advanced performance issues.
You will design big cloud systems by cross-collaborating with other SCRUM teams, Architects, Product Managers, Program Managers, UX designers, and Customer Sales - to help drive projects, features, and escalations for our big enterprise customers. You will leverage your distributed cloud systems and high availability expertise to create high-volume data pipelining for policy scanning on public cloud ingested resources.
You will be a key engineer on the RQL (Resource Query Language) team.
- At Palo Alto Networks, “ We’ve Got Next ” because your impact is key - While working in the latest and greatest tech stacks and with our customers, you will bring leadership and creativity to the table - As well as:
- Complete software life cycle development
- Writing clean, scalable, and performant Java code - for thousands of customers
- Actively contribute to design and development discussions
- The understanding and ability to clearly explain and communicate advanced Cloud Computing, Cloud Security concepts, goals, and outcomes to others - including internal project teams
- M.S/B.S degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced level of experience building web applications using open source frameworks/servers (Java, Spring, Spring-Reactive, Spring Boot, Apache Tomcat)
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing etc)
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API and data pipelines
- Experience with distributed computing (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem) and/or distributed DB/KVP (Cassandra, Elastic Search, Kafka and SingleStore)
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL-based databases - Postgres (including window functions, recursion, etc.), MemSQL, MongoDB, Spark, Hadoop and others - and data warehouses like Redshift
- Distributed Search domain experience. Experience with technologies like ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr
- Language Grammars (ANTLR, YACC, LEX) - Nice to Have
- Familiarity with one or more cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes and their technologies (Lambda functions, SNS/SQS etc.)
- Understanding of microservices-based deployments with the ability to design services and monitoring/tracing of application logs (e.g. Splunk)
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.