At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Senior Product Manager at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for developing and driving our product execution strategy for the Cortex Data Lake platform. You will have deep interaction with customers, partners, and sales to understand the requirements and define use cases and solutions that can solve complex customer problems. You will be responsible for all stages of the product life cycle (conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities). Other responsibilities include collaborating with Product Marketing to create product-related sales and marketing materials and evangelizing the product and product strategy both internally and externally.
- Lead & drive product roadmap for Cortex Data Lake
- Work with other product team to understand requirements for log ingestion and storage
- Partner with SIEM vendors on existing and new integration efforts
- Extend use cases with firewall log data with apps that can perform analytics to detect threats and user/network activity
- Develop, lead, and communicate product roadmap to customers, prospects, and all internal key stakeholders
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning and align our product with key differentiation items enable to succeed
- Guide engineering teams and deliver high-quality products and solution
- Work with the product marketing team to develop compelling sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- Collaborate with engineering and sales, to ensure your products get coverage by these cross-functional teams
- Drive product pricing and go-to-market decisions
- BS/MS in Computer Science , another engineering/technical degree or equivalent military experience required
- Strong desire to take ownership of full product life cycle
- Drive to design something new, innovative, and disruptive for the NGFW platform
- 4+ years of experience in product management or equivalent
- Very strong (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Experience in fast-paced environments with overlapping projects/deliverables
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our Systems Engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in and helping to implement technical solutions based on our clients' feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $136,000/yr to $220,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.