At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Become a member of the Revenue Accounting team at Palo Alto Networks! We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Revenue Analyst who is excited to join a high growth Company. The ideal candidate must possess strong critical thinking and communication skills. This person will perform revenue close accounting activities while working with key stakeholders, lead projects, develop new processes and improve on the month-end close process. The position requires a hands-on person who is flexible, solutions-oriented and works well under pressure.
- Responsible for Professional Service end to end revenue processes for Training and Focused Service
- Partner with Account Receivable team to release Professional Service billing timely
- Own monthly revenue close procedures, including preparation of revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Drive new initiatives and system implementation for Professional Service transactions
- Drive improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness into the Revenue Close and Professional Service
- Partner with cross-functional business partners and third parties to implement best practices, automation, and continuous process improvements
- Support revenue related system implementations and perform user acceptance testing
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 key controls
- Assist with external audit requests and special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CA/CPA preferred or equivalent qualification or equivalent military experience required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in revenue accounting and operation in the technology industry
- Familiarity with close processes, account reconciliations, and journal entry preparation
- Team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross functional organizations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and execute with accuracy and efficiency
- Experience in Professional Service revenue recognition a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Proficiency in Google Suite a plus
- Experience with financial systems, SAP ERP ECC & RAR, BI, Blackline, Tableau, Clarizen and
- SFDC a plus
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines.
The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: No. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.