At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We're looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join the Data Platform team at Xpanse, the newest addition to Palo Alto Networks Cortex.
The Xpanse Internet intelligence platform surveys petabytes of data to find risks online and protect some of the world’s largest organizations from malicious actors. As an engineer on the Xpanse Data Platform team, you will familiarize yourself with the basic infrastructure of the Internet, onboard datasets, and securely integrate client data. Additionally, you will build, operate, and maintain large scale data processing and distributed systems to build a coherent view of the Internet for the Xpanse internet intelligence platform.
As a technical leader, you'll mentor team members, develop features end-to-end, and support systems in production. You'll collaborate with the rest of the team on architectural direction, technical debt, and evolving the team's agile development process.
- Build the Xpanse internet intelligence platform's ability to more robustly, frequently, and thoroughly detect services across the global Internet
- Manage, monitor, and improve the quality and rate of refresh for internet intelligence datasets, including RDAP and BGP information, DNS records, GeoIP, threat feeds, honeypot logs, and more
- Mentor and support your team members, and receive mentorship and support from team members and broader engineering organization
- Serve as a representative for your team in architectural planning meetings and interactions with peer engineering groups
- Develop a platform supporting rapid development of new feature areas atop Xpanse data
- Build automated pipelines that cohere raw datasets into a single, high-quality, and continuous view of the Internet
- Bring the best technologies to bear against the most pressing issues in cybersecurity
- Take ownership of projects, drive them to completion, and support them in production
- 4+ years of experience as a professional software engineer
- Experience in two or more of the areas of focus for the team and interest in learning the rest:
- Design and development of stream/event-processing architectures using technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Storm, Spark, or their equivalents
- Implementation and operation of distributed systems (experience with Kubernetes or similar is a plus)
- Architecture of software that is used as a platform by other development teams
- Experience optimizing data pipelines for latency, throughput, and/or economical use of cloud resources
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in supporting your work in production
- Ability to form and share an opinion about the implementation and operation of distributed back end systems
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $88,000/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here .
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.