At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Network’s cloud blade team is looking for a Sr Staff Software QA engineer with experience in cloud testing and automation to fill a technical position. You will be part of a world-class software QA engineering team that works on various ground-breaking Cloud solutions.
As a Sr Staff Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will build, automate, and run functional testing scenarios for our products in virtualized elements and various cloud services. You are driven by your desire to get hands-on experience with a wide variety of API and UI testing. You'll work closely with our development and product management teams, testing and presenting the results to identify new approaches. You will participate in design discussions and help make a difference in developing the future direction of our software.
You will drive the efficiency and reliability of our products by testing them thoroughly to understand potential risks, bugs, or issues, providing an exemplary product experience for our end users. You strive for the best in everything you do—meaning you won’t rest until the products you work on are of the highest quality. You love hunting for problems within the code, seeking issues to correct, and enjoy the challenge of a code-based scavenger hunt that includes testing, providing feedback, and identifying alternative suggestions for our product’s environment.
Provide a consistent, standardized, and standard methodology approach in developing testing automation across our cloud platform
- Design and develop test plans and test strategies for complex new features/application span across multiple scrum teams and define the process for communication and collaboration among them
- Analyse complex defects/issues, provide guidance/work methodically to isolate root cause found during and after software release
- You will be working to design and develop test automation solutions involving cloud infrastructure and backend applications using REST.
- Take a leading role in ongoing process enhancements and software testing practices
- Define, develop and maintain cloud test environments.
- Build test automation frameworks that is easy to develop scripts, robust, supports variety of reporting, easy to troubleshoot failures, integrates with bug tracking systems and works easily with CICD for cloud-based products
- Drive improvement on functionality, usability, testability, performance and production stability of the applications and systems
- Analyse performance data, production logs, and graphs to find anomalies in production
- Work with APIs from multiple cloud vendors and their associated technologies and tools
- Mentor and coach scrum team members
- BS/MS in computer science or a related technical field with 5 - 12 years of relevant industry experience
- Working experience in cloud infrastructure testing in GCP/AWS/Azure
- Software QA Automation experience with Distributed and Cloud-based systems using Python
- Exposure to CI/CD tools and Test automation tools in the Cloud platform is desired.
- Expertise in identifying performance bottlenecks and solving performance issues in distributed cloud software
- Experience driving performance test efforts for complex, asynchronous microservice-based systems
- Experience with Rest API testing at scale
- Experience on Selenium
- Good programming skills in python
- Experience with flask or Django would be plus
- Experience with Docker, and Kubernetes would be a plus
- A self-starter who is confident and effective when working across distributed teams
Our engineering team is at the core of SD WAN products – connected directly to the mission of providing world class SASE solutions. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about SD WAN. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.