At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Sr. Support Account Manager (SAM) manages our Customers’ services experience to ensure Palo Alto Networks is exceeding customer expectations. As a partner to the Account Team, the Sr. SAM understands the account strategy and the customer’s security and business priorities in order to address, solve and support all customer issues quickly and effectively. Also, this individual will advise other SAMs on how to proactively monitor complex issues and work closely with other stakeholders in expediting the resolution of customer technical issues
- Serve as the Palo Alto Networks’ central point of contact for Support
- delivery and Case Management to ensure the customer has an integrated service delivery experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer’s business challenges and their technical environment to provide technical information, guidance, and support
- Identify upselling opportunities for the account team
- Proactively monitor complex issues working closely with other Customer Support and Engineering teams to resolve customer technical issues
- Lead any customer escalation communication and engagement
- Manage complex customer situations, coordinating the actions of the Account Team, Services Teams, Partners Resources, and Engineering ensuring the customer and internal stakeholders have the information required to make decisions and to act in order to resolve customer issues quickly
- Deliver Case Support Review meetings with the support and involvement of the Account Team
- Deliver Risk Advisory notifications (Security, PANOS, Cloud, HW)
- Advises other SAMs on how to manage complex customer situations by coordinating the actions of the Account Team, Services Teams, Partners Resources, and Engineering to ensure the customer and internal stakeholders have the information required to make decisions and to act in order to resolve customer issues quickly
- Engage Product Management on behalf of the customer to communicate security priorities and operational requirements as feature requests
- 8+ years of experience in technical support within the high-tech industry
- 8+ years of client facing sales or services experience
- Project Management or service delivery qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work within a demanding environment, delivering consistent results even under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to identify key customer stakeholders, engage and build relationships without direct supervision
- Extensive experience in influencing teams across the organization to achieve desired customer outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences and to explain the impact in business terms
- Deep Knowledge of CyberSecurity Technologies and Solutions
- Deep Knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by enterprise customers
- Fluency in the English language as well as other customer language requirements (where applicable)
- Extensive experience in managing simultaneous projects in a dynamic environment with constant change to address emerging security risks and challenges
- Lead fellow peers and stakeholders with a positive, growth-oriented mindset
- Thrives in a matrixed, team environment anchored by our values of Collaboration, Disruption, Execution, Inclusion, and Integrity
- Experience mentoring fellow peers and contributing with global initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience required
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you provide support to customers after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in fixing integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our customers are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.