At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Senior Technical Consulting Director is a unique services role which will build innovative & quantitative solutions to help clients identify their security risks across Cloud, Endpoint, SASE, Enterprise, SDLC, etc. You will be part of a collaborative team of innovators sharing their knowledge and expertise to progress the goal of securing Unit 42’s clients. You will help shape the future of proactive products and services and advocate for features that will improve the client’s experience and reduce their cybersecurity risk. You will integrate client perspectives from a wide array of industries, geographies, and organizational structures.
- Be on the forefront of contributing to a new model of Proactive Services
- Integrate your experiences and innovations into tangible results that increase the security of Palo Alto Networks clients
- Amplify Unit 42s’ presence and credibility in the marketplace through thought leadership, including via speaking engagements, articles, whitepapers, and media exposure
- Help advance the firm's capabilities, including by identifying new services, building partnerships, and/or ways to augment our current capabilities to better serve our clients
- Acceleration and adoption of Proactive Services
- Build strong relationships with customers and work closely with them to understand their business needs
- Architect solutions and iterate with key stakeholders and executive staff
- 10+ years of professional experience and subject matter expertise in one of the following domains - Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle), Enterprise, Endpoint, Infrastructure, Information Assurance, Information Systems/Network Security, SOC, SIEM, AI/ML, and Vulnerabilities
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) operate and how to counteract their TTPs utilizing People, Process, and Technology
- Technical proficiency in a wide range of cyber risk management services, including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and cybersecurity framework assessments, among others
- Client services mindset and top-notch client management skills - Experienced-based understanding of clients’ needs and desired outcomes in cybersecurity and risk management engagements
- Public speaking experience, demonstrated writing ability, including technical reports, business communication, and thought leadership pieces
- Demonstrated execution of strategic vision
- Knowledge of application, database, and web server design and implementation
- Experience with penetration testing, administering, and troubleshooting major flavors of Linux, Windows, and major cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS providers (i.e., AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Experience with scripting and editing existing code and programming using one or more of the following - Perl, Python, ruby, bash, C/C++, C#, or Java
- Knowledge of network vulnerability assessments, web and cloud application security testing, network penetration testing, red teaming, security operations, or 'hunt'
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
- Identified ability to grow into a valuable contributor to the practice and, specifically -
- have an external presence via public speaking, conferences, and/or publications
- have credibility, executive presence, and gravitas
- be able to have a meaningful and rapid delivery contribution
- have the potential and capacity to understand all aspects of the business and an excellent understanding of PANW products
- be collaborative and able to build relationships internally, externally, and across all PANW functions, including the sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security, or equivalent years of professional experience to meet job requirements and expectations or equivalent military experience required
Unit 42 is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, digital forensics, and proactive services to clients of all sizes. Our team comprises recognized experts with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, pentesting, threat intelligence, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $176,000/yr to $242,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .