At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer (Data Loss Prevention) at Palo Alto Networks, you will join a team responsible for driving our Cloud Applications and Data security products, including SaaS, IaaS, Network and Endpoint Data Protection. You will work with cutting-edge technology, redefining the future of network security.
This role plays a key role in supporting our product managers, marketing teams, and customers by developing outbound technical communication, including product best practices, competitive reviews, demo environments, and ownership of product betas. You will perform competitive analysis, perform technical gap analysis and support the product management in identifying next-generation innovations. This is a critical customer facing role within the company and one where the right person can have significant impact.
The ideal candidate would be able to influence strategy, collaborate with marketing and sales teams to execute go to market strategies, act as a thought leader at the industry level, evangelizing the products and product strategy both internally and externally.
- Develop, constantly refine, and execute the technical marketing plan
- Be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and delivery of effective technical tools, whitepapers, demos, videos and technical training for sales, customers, and partners
- Lead the automation within and across the cross-functional teams and strive to achieve technical and operational excellence in every step of the releases
- Lead the competitive research and testing to identify key competitive advantages of our product lines and deliver them to sales, customers, and partners
- Be a key technical evangelist for Palo Alto Networks, speaking at seminars, conferences, customer briefings, and with other groups within the company
- Work with engineering in identifying product gaps based on competitive analysis and work with the PM to drive enhancements to bridge them
- Be the domain authority on Palo Alto Networks products to help Systems Engineers with information on competitive questions
- Identify Sales challenges based on any competitive situations and provide solutions
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible
- Setup and maintain a competitive test lab including test harness, competitive products, automation environment, etc.
- Configure and test competitive products, evaluate product strengths for security efficacy, product features, etc.
- Work with marketing to develop collaterals with battle cards, presentations, and white papers
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Marketing Engineer for network/cybersecurity area or a DevOps/Solution Architect, preferably for networking or data security products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills and trade show experience
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, experiment with products and collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations
- Work towards getting things done, Fast learner with strong initiative and sense of ownership
- Experience in automation tools, building dashboards, etc.
- Experience with writing and editing technical documentation and operational procedures
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our Systems Engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in and helping to implement technical solutions based on our clients' feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/com-missioned roles) is expected to be between $125,800/yr to $203,500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .