At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a hybrid UX Researcher & Design Strategist at the Palo Alto Innovation & Research center (PAIR), you will help establish the design research practice and evangelize design research throughout the company. You’ll be responsible for strategic foundational research, design research, evaluative research, innovation initiatives and Research Operations Development for Palo Alto Networks flagship products. The products you will have the opportunity to research range from B2B technical products in cybersecurity. You’ll use design thinking methods, in-depth interviews, contextual inquiries, and large and small-scale surveys. For this role, we're looking for individuals with strong qualitative and strategic research skills, with some experience in using quantitative research.
Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to identify and prioritize opportunities where research can help improve a product decision or customer experience or to inform a strategic decision
Develop new tools, process, and practices to advance design research and design strategy at the company
Demonstrate a strong understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
Lead all aspects of a research project including: Meet with stakeholders, scope projects, choose methodologies, create research plans, write discussion guides, lead interview sessions, synthesize findings into meaningful themes, and write actionable and impactful reports
Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approach
Build alliances across the company to identify new partners, drive collaboration, and deeply understand the business context of research problems.
- Any Graduation or degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or equivalent qualification
- Significant hands-on research experience , with at least 3 years of that experience as a Researcher in a UX Research Setting
- UX Research experience in B2B /product enterprise and/or technical products
- Ability to collaborate across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc)
- Able to handle areas (user/product/domain) that may be ambiguous or ill-defined
- Proven ability to use multiple qualitative research methods and able to explain the rationale for using each one
- Don’t just summarize study data, but go one step further to identify meaningful user needs and/or product issues
- Demonstrated abilities in Design Thinking & Design Strategy or the equivalent in coursework
- An advanced degree in human computer interactions, psychology, anthropology, information science, data science, or a related field
- Training and experience in design strategy, running workshops, and developing Research Operations
- Can proactively identify and communicate clear product solutions based on these findings, sometimes across organizational departments
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, sometimes in various ways to meet the needs of different recipients (written reports, user profiles, scenarios, etc.)
- Experience presenting work at the management, director, and VP levels
- An understanding of the product life cycle and ability to time research to have maximum impact
- Awareness of UX industry trends, incorporating new research techniques when appropriate
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative to solve problems
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.