At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We're seeking innovators - engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a key member of Layer-7 Security group, you will be responsible for designing and developing security features on the next-generation firewalls. You will work with product management on user requirements, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field support teams throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Provide technical leadership/consulting on complex to highly-complex system solutions, ensuring architectural alignment
- Interact with stakeholders and development team to gather and define requirements for software applications, and work within project team on iterative development that delivers a high-quality product
- Help drive modernization efforts making use of current technologies
- Analyze problems and design & implement effective solutions
- Handle iterative end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging
- Help build a culture of innovation and continual learning by mentoring team members to increase full stack developer skills to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline or equivalent practical experience. Graduate degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or similar technical discipline is preferred.
- Should be able to traverse the full stack and understand a variety of libraries, platforms and multiple code modules
- Experience of progressive development experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience as a front-end developer
- Experience as a UI/UX designer
- Experience as a backend / full stack experience
- Ability to build and integrate with APIs (REST, SOAP) including development
Deep expertise in web markup including CSS3, HTML5
- Experience building fast and reusable, UI components under MVC or MVVM frameworks
- Strong troubleshooting complex application workflows and performance tuning skills
- Good understanding of best practices of building cross browser and device independent interfaces
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills with ability to create clarity from ambiguity
- Experience with Nginx, Apache, Building PHP C-Modules is a strong plus
- Experience with modern build tools such as npm, Webpack, NodeJS, ReactJS
- Redux is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.