At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We’re looking for a talented full stack engineer to join a feature team at Xpanse, the latest addition to Palo Alto Networks Cortex.
Xpanse helps protect some of the world’s most important organizations by finding risks on the Internet that no one else can find. Our feature teams are responsible for building the user-facing security products that allow customers to turn trillions of Internet data points into critical cybersecurity insights.
In this role, you will help enable customers to engage with their data through our APIs and UI. You will build backend systems, select technology stacks, collaborate with other engineers, and own end-to-end delivery of customer-facing API and UI features. We’re looking for engineers who are excited to engage in the entire software development process: from prototyping to deployment.
- Prototype, design, and develop new features for our security products
- Contribute in all phases of the product development cycle: definition, design, implementation and test
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process; we’re scaling and always looking for creative ways to improve our processes
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to support each other and coordinate your development efforts with work done by others
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 2 - 3 years of building and delivering production quality software systems
- Proficiency in Java, Python, or similar backend programming languages
- Experience with the deployment and ongoing support of production systems in a cloud environment
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers frequently and discuss new ideas as a team; this includes documenting and presenting technical designs, completing code reviews, and occasional pair programming
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.