At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers while working with Account Managers and the local partners within your territory
- Ability to challenge the status quo and often think out of the box while addressing complex issues
- Ability to articulate the value proposition of the solutions in front of the customer to address their requirements and challenges
- A team player with the ability to collaborate, understand his/her responsibilities and willingness to help the team when in need
- Design, architect and propose validated solutions which address the identified cybersecurity problems in each unique environment
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to acquire technical knowledge of Palo Alto Networks security portfolios
- Drive proof-of-value to customers and help expound our advantages and benefits
- Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our competitors
- Lead, facilitate and own the technical engagements/discussions with internal SMEs and customer stakeholders
- Proactively engaging various functional team in complex
- Understand and effectively present our security platform to technical and non-technical audiences
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a successful systems engineer, systems integrator, or equivalent experience
- Pre-sales experience with Service Providers is desirable
- Working experience on security solutions including but not limited to NGFW, Cloud delivered security solutions
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems
- Experience around L2-L4 Networking (L2 switching architectures including Spanning Tree, VLANs, IP routing that includes OSPF and BGP, and L4 Load balancing)
- Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Knowledge in public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Strong analytical skills and ability to formulate an approach to to solve customers unique requirements
- Knowledge of modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies
- Experience in datacenter virtualization platforms such as Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, Openstack is desirable
- Possessing industry certifications (CISSP, CCSP, CCIE, etc.) is a plus
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.