At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
You will work with your sales partner to establish relationships with State & Local Government and Education (SLED) customers, with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyber attacks and breaches by advising them on what applications to deploy from the Palo Alto Networks platform. Our systems engineers have a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and critical cyber threats facing our potential customer’s environments.
We need these technical guides to work with our sales teams, providing training and technical support. You build trust with our clients and teams, establishing strong rapport as a trusted advisor, and build an environment where our clients feel (and are) secure. Additionally, you'll be called upon to offer feedback to our product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- Identify and document specific problems with prospective and current customers which can be solved through the deployment of integrated solutions
- Architect and propose validated solutions which address the identified cybersecurity problems in each individual environment
- Ensure ongoing customer happiness, support, and adoption
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
- Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- Experience with State & Local Government and Education (SLED) accounts
- Experience with remote user access technologies
- SD-WAN Architectures and providers
- Tunneling protocols such as SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE
- Authentication methodologies, including 2FA, RADIUS, LDAP, AD
- IP Routing: BGP, Static, Network Address Translation
- Certificate Management
- Next Generation Firewall capabilities, configuration, and deployment
- PANOS knowledge
- Ability to work within small creative teams as well as cross-functional teams
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
- Ambitious attitude
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.