We are looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Deals Desk Manager to join our organization. The primary focus of this position will be to help structure profitable and compliant transactions that address the needs of a diverse set of internal corporate customers and increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams. The right person will have a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs, excel at problem solving through critical analysis and enjoy being challenged by process review and continuous improvement.
• Provide Sr. Leadership with financial models and evaluation of deal economics, commercial terms and conditionals and operational requirements to present risk/reward profile for opportunities
• Become expert on sales quoting tools, reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting
• Key resource reviewing and approving all non-standard pricing requests that reach the level of executive manager
• Review will include financial analysis for gross margin, SSP compliance, non-standard terms requests
• Partner with field sales organization to drive large deal closure, including being one-touch resource for field sales; responsible for liaising with all organizations involved in the agreement process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of sales. Personally, serves as a trusted advisor to field sales on deals
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support and deal solutions
• Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closure
• Assist in contractual reviews working with cross-functional stakeholders,
• Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented
• Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning
• Responsible for adherence to and compliance with policy and procedures
• Review Order Forms for accuracy and compliancy with internal policies
• Evaluate current processes and offer recommendations for areas of improvement
• Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines
• Complete ad-hoc projects as required
• 5+ years experience (in tech environment, Finance/Sales Operations role)
• Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units
• Ability to work independently in fast paced environment
• Experience in data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis
• Intermediate/advanced Salesforce.com, MS Excel, Google Suite skills are highly recommended
• Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Experience with both channel GTM and direct GTM model for HW and SaaS products a plus
• Bachelor Degree in Business or Finance or related field required
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.